CT Shared Ride – Paratransit
(Rider Guide PDF)
|Forms and Applications
Carbon Shared Ride Exciting News!
Starting Tuesday July 5, a new contractor will be operating Carbon Transit service. The new contractor is Transdev Mobility Services.
We are excited for our new partnership Transdev, but riders should know that you DO NOT need to change anything.
- Still use 888-253-8333 to make your reservations and check on the status of your van.
- If you have any current or standing reservations, those reservations are still in the system. You DO NOT need to rebook any reservations that you have already made.
What is CT Shared Ride?
CT Shared Ride is a door-to-door, shared ride (or paratransit) service, available to riders in Carbon County who are registered and certified as eligible for sponsorship under various transportation funding programs. The service is public transportation and is shared ride in nature, that is, no one passenger has exclusive use of the vehicle.
CT Shared Ride provides transportation for:
- People are eligible if there is no CT Bus fixed-route service nearby or if they have a physical disability. Though open to people of any age for ‘full’ fare, those 65+ may ride for 15% of the actual fare (the remaining 85% will be paid by the Pennsylvania Lottery).
- People with a valid Medical Assistance (M.A) ACCESS Card are eligible to use CT Shared Ride service to go to M.A. reimbursable appointments (doctors, medical tests and treatment, dialysis, etc.) if they meet the PA Department of Welfare’s program requirements.
- Physically disabled persons who are eligible under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Clients of the Carbon County Area Agencies on Aging. For information about these programs, you must call the Area Agency directly.
Scheduling Your CT Shared Ride Trip
If you are already a CT Shared Ride rider, you may call 610-253-8333 between 8:00am and 4:30pm to schedule your CT Shared Ride trip up to 14 days in advance. You may call up to 4:30 p.m. the day before you’d like a ride. There is NO same day service provided on CT Shared Ride services.
CT Shared Ride Policy Documents
All documents below are in PDF format and should be compatible with a screen reader. The policy guide is indexed so that a user can interact with the table of contents and jump to a selected section.